Saturday, April 18, 2009

Sarah Palin as Anne Elk?

While doing research for the book I'm working on, I came across a great quote from Mahatma Gandhi that I wanted to use for my Gmail account's signature block.

I was then faced with the matter of giving up the current quote I'm using - an obscure bit of dialog from Monty Python's Anne Elk (Theory of Brontosauruses) Sketch.

After a good amount of deliberation, I've found myself itching to watch the sketch and went over to YouTube and ran a search. I came across this video......

.....and what caught my eye was the note the uploader posted. The note asserted that the way Sarah Palin performed in her television interviews while on the campaign trail were remarkably similar to John Cleese's Anne Elk character. I'm extremely disappointed that I did not make the link myself, but this is just so true.

To quote Anne Elk herself, "How very true, my word yes".

A closing thought - could Michael Palin somehow be related to Sarah?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

HEEHEE DADDY OH THAT WAS MOST WONDERFUL AND WHAT IT IS, TOO.