Tuesday, February 03, 2009

Who Watches the Watchmen

Just read this article from NYT's site:

Watchmen Skulk to the Screen - published Jan 30, 2009

Which sent me back to my old copies of the series. I've not read and re-read the Watchmen as much as Lord of the Rings or the Sandman series. Which perhaps added to the sheer enjoyment that overcame me on this most recent reading.

Strongly recommend you read the graphic novel before you see the film. I'm confident that no matter how good a job Snyder does on the Watchmen movie (and he should do good, based on his work on 300) the movie will pale in comparison to the richness of the original comic series.

If any of you is interested to borrow my copy (individual issues, individually bagged) to read, give me a buzz.

Watchmen is truely awesome. Moore and Gibbons totally outdid themselves on this collaboration.

No comments: