Saturday, May 03, 2008

What comes next?

Sufficiently past 45, heading hastily into the half-century mark.
No more excuses about mid-life crises to justify irrational behaviour or purchases.
JenMei is pretty much grown up. Laura is a fine teenager, maturing quickly. I'm very proud of them both.
What should I do with the rest of my life, before it's over, or before my body won't let me do what I want it to do? The wrist and arm strength I used to be so proud of at 17 are not what they are now at 47.
When should I start doing the "next" thing?
I have some clues about what the "next" thing would be about. There would be elements of Technology. And Travel. Education. I'm fond of South East Asia, it's people and history and culture.
Does one wait for revelation? Or does one stumble in a general direction, and over time finds that one's feet have been guided?

No comments: